Dates have been set and planning is ongoing for this year’s Chrysalis flights. As most of you know Chrysalis is similar to the emmaus weekend . . . but designed for high school age youth (having completed 9th grade through current year graduates). The second Chrysalis steering committee meeting will be held this Saturday, April 18 at 10:00 a.m. at Lufkin’s First Christian Church, Youth Building.
As a member of the ETE Community there are several things you can do to help:
- Pray for the flights
- Talk it up among the youth in your church or others you know
- Tell your youth minister and pastor about Chrysalis
- Serve on one of the teams in the talk room
- Serve on one of the teams as an agape servant
- Plan to come to candlelight and closing (these are always extra special)
Willing to help? Contact Shere Hanke firstname.lastname@example.org
These flights will be held at Hilltop Conference Center near Garrison – less than 40 miles from Lufkin; so it’s easy to get to. Because we failed to have Chrysalis in 2008 it is more difficult to contact and recruit experienced Chrysalis youth. So, as a Community let’s support our young people. Chrysalis applications as well as team applications will be available for download here in a few days — watch for them.